MOMENA HAS LOST THREE OF HER CHILDREN
Momena has lost three of her children, two boys and a girl, to waterborne illness caused by unsafe water. Her one remaining child, two year old Akash, is all she has. He survived a recent bout of diarrhea only after being given oral rehydration solution (ORS) -
While advances in ORS therapy can be credited with saving literally thousands of young lives, the best way of keeping the city's children safe in the first place is to improve access to clean drinking water and sanitation and to promote good hygiene practices.
We support the nonprofit WaterAid, who is in partnership with local organizations throughout the city of Dhaka to do just that. Provide clean drinking water and sewer sanitation systems to reduce waterborne diseases. A properly installed well and pump can provide safe drinking water for the entire neighborhood. We are raising funds to install fresh water wells in the area so everyone in the community will be healthier.
This is just one story about helping children live healthier lives, and it’s just the beginning. There are thousands of people that we need to help obtain clean, safe drinking water in India. We have a lot to do and you can help. Public awareness is so important, so please inform your friends and family about this problem with social media and emails. by Patrick Cox
And if possible, please donate to give families the gift of clean, safe drinking water.
GIVE THESE PEOPLE
A BETTER FUTURE!
Please like us